Dear Fox Run parents,
On Friday, March 24th we have created an opportunity for our grade eight students to travel by motor coach to Nakiska Ski Area in Kananaskis Country for a day of skiing or snowboarding. Here is the important information for you and your child to know:
- COST – the cost of this field trip will be $105 per student which covers transportation, lift pass, lesson, and rentals ($95 for students who do NOT require rental equipment).
- FORMS - fully completed permission forms and the lesson/rental froms (attached) need to be returned to the school by Friday, February 17th
- PAYMENT - payment needs to be made by Friday, February 17th. You can pay online or make cheques made payable to Ѐcole Fox Run School.
- FIRST COME; FIRST SERVE – there will only be 45 spots open for grade 8 students on this trip because it has been planned for a non-instructional day. So, get your forms and payment in as soon as possible.
- TIME – the coach bus will leave Fox Run the morning of the 24th at 6:00am
- students will need to be at the school by 5:50am.
- lessons will be at 9:30am
- we will leave the ski hill at 4:00pm
- we will arrive back at the school by 7:00pm for parent pick-up
- PARENT VOLUNTEERS – we are always looking for your help! J
- we have reserved five spots on the bus for parents volunteers
- see form and costs list on the following page
- fill in the information below (on the next page) if you’re interested in helping supervise on this trip.
- All students must wear a helmet. Helmets are available as a part of the rental package.
- Although skiing or snowboarding is LOADS of fun, we need to keep the dangers of the sport in-mind. Skiing and snowboarding are sports that have inherent risks involved. Please talk with your child about skiing or snowboarding responsibilities. We will also have a safety discussion when we arrive at Nakiska and every student will participate in an ability-appropriate lesson.
If serious injuries occur at Nakiska, students will be transported by ambulance to the either Calgary or Banff. The decision for emergency transportation is made by the ski patrols at Nakiska. At that time, guardians will need to meet their child and the staff member at the hospital.
- FOOD - It is expected that students bring their own lunches or buy lunches at the ski hill. Bringing a bag lunch and snacks are a very good idea because the prices at the ski hill will be quite expensive.
- LOCKERS - The students are responsible for their belongings and should bring money for a locker if they want to store any valuables while they are on the slopes.
- DRESS in LAYERS - Please ensure that students are dressed appropriately for the mountain weather. Bringing extra socks, gloves, eye protection (goggles) and skin protection (lotion) are strongly recommended. Electronic devices are permitted but are the responsibility of the students.
- CAMERAS - Due to privacy concerns, NO videos or photographs involving other students are permitted.
If you have any questions please contact me. Thanks!