Important information at your fingertips!
What is PowerSchool?
PowerSchool is the online conduit where students’ marks, attendance, schedule information, and teacher comments can be found. PowerSchool gives parents and students continuous access to key information about students’ learning. As a result of the continued popularity and success of reporting via PowerSchool, we no longer send paper report cards home throughout the year. Checking PowerSchool regularly is a key communication tool between teachers, parents, and students.
What information will I see?
1. Grades and Attendance
- Track any absentees or lates as well as overall grades for each course your child is enrolled in. Click on the grade to see a detailed breakdown of all the assignments
- PowerSchool also provides additional icons to further your understand your child's learning progress such as missed or incomplete assignments.
2. Email notifications
- Change/add/delete email addresses and what kind of information is sent to you.
3. School Information
- Addresses, phone numbers and email address of the school, the administration and front desk of the school. Trimester start and end dates are also listed here.
4. Account preferences
- Change your login name and password as well as add additional students to your profile.
5. Alert Solutions
- Sign up for alerts, texts, phone calls, specific to the type of alert (ie: bus cancellations, attendance alerts...). Update contact information for your family.
How do I access PowerSchool?
- Parents and students access PowerSchool online through the PowerSchool link or by downloading the PowerSchool app (to access the PowerSchool app, the district code BPWW is required).
- Setting up a PowerSchool is only required once. The parent account stays active from year to year as students progress through middle school and into high school.
- Students and parents have separate PowerSchool accounts. Students can keep track of their marks by using their individual login information given to them in class.
- In the Parent portal, you have access to ALL of your children's information who attend any Chinook's Edge School across the division.
Please watch this video to set up your parent/student portal account (if you do not currently have one).
If you require additional help with setting up your PowerSchool account, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the school 403-887-0491